May the Christmas season
fill your home with joy,
your heart with love
and your life with laughter.
In the beginning of December my life turned into an endless stream of parties. I’ve been spending a lot of time with people who mean to me so much that there’s no way to express in words how fortunate I feel to have them/you in my life… Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 🙂
It’s a wonderful time of the year, so many things to be thankful for, so many people to send loving thoughts to (at this point my list of people I deeply care about became too long to send everyone a card, sorry to all who didn’t get one), more parties to look forward to and on and on it goes…
Somehow, not only for Christmas,
But all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others,
Is the joy that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing,
The poor and lonely and sad,
The more of your heart’s possessing,
Returns to you glad.
~ John Greenleaf Whittier
Our last dance from two days ago – Tribute to America’s Polka King Frank Yankovic – went well. I’ll write more about that soon. For now I’d just like to tell you that I’m pretty sure we had the record number of first-time-visitors at this event and the compliments and thank you’s I received for the hall, the music and the fun times, were immense.
It brings tears to my mind knowing that a happy get-together with good music can make people so happy. Not to mention the fact that I played a small role in making it happen…
Upcoming events and other info
Our next dance is on January 1st, 2013. Same time (2 to 6 PM), same place: Slovenian American Club – Suncoast Dance and Party Center in Spring Hill. Music by BOB TURCOLA ORCHESTRA. Hope to see you there, especially if you’re spending New Year’s Eve at home.
As always, jammers are welcome to be on the stage and play their hearts out when the band takes a break.
- The next board meeting is on January 2, 2013, at 2 PM. Everyone is welcome, including all of those with helpful ideas and potential new members.
- Our traditional afternoon with the CANADA’S POLKA KING, WALTER OSTANEK, is scheduled for January 27. He will once again play with BOB KRAVOS. The two of them always seem to have a lot of fun on the stage. In my opinion that’s pretty much a guarantee for great music. So, mark your calendars for Sunday, from 2 to 6 PM.
- Cash bar and food available at all of our dances.
- For groups of 6 or more, call 727-753-9631 to reserve a table of your choice.
- New members are welcome. Single membership for 2013 is $15 and $25 for a couple.
- For the complete schedule of events in season 2012/13 click here.
I hope you’re all having the time of your life right now, no matter where you are. If there’s snow where you live, send me a nice picture, please. I love white Christmas, especially trees covered in snow, sparkling in the sun.
Looking forward to seeing you around this season for more happy dancing and tapping and singing. Let’s all make the best of it – even the Grinch figured that one out…
And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. – Dr. Seuss
Sending you much love,