We have that perfect Florida weather in Spring Hill for the last few weeks. Mornings are fresh enough to open all the windows and day temperatures stay below 90 degrees. The grass stopped growing so fast; which means mowing less often (yay!!).
At the same time, my front and back yard look like a butterfly garden. I’ve never seen that many butterflies around this house before. And they come in all different sizes and colors, too!
They truly are beautiful, just so difficult to catch on camera. But that’s also why a few good shots I have, are so special.
While reading an inspiring article online, I got this brilliant idea to envision my life as a string of happiness. Hence, in every moment of the day I only have one choice to make:
- do I add another precious, happy moment to my string – or
- would I rather feel miserable…
The choice, of course, is rather simple. I will always prefer my string to be colorful and long and sparkling with great memories and laughter. Although, turning the way I feel around is an entirely different story.
As with many other things in life, I noticed that practice makes better (not perfect – yet!). So, the easiest way I know of, to feel better fast, is to think about something or someone that’s easy to love or appreciate. Test this method for yourself and let me know if it works for you. 🙂
Right after the SNPJ Farm hosted its last dance it’s a tradition for the Spring Hill hall getting readied for the new season of dances. By the way, Farm is one of the Slovenian places I still haven’t had a chance to visit. But it’s now at the top of my list.
Anyway, the new season at the (now) Suncoast Dance and Party Center in Spring Hill, FL, will start with the
board meeting on the first Wednesday in October: 10-05-11 at 1 PM.
If you’re in the area, you’re welcome to attend.
For an updated and complete schedule of events for 2011/2012 check out the list of links below. Click on any or all, they all open a new window.
And here are some of the pages you might be interested in:
- New farmer’s market in Spring Hill, FL – a new place to go shopping for local produce on Saturdays. Pet friendly outdoor market is opened from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Suncoast Dance and Party Center – updated new schedule of events for the upcoming season, with places to stay in Spring Hill, weather conditions and forecast for the area, driving directions to Spring Hill hall, address and more info
- About (former) SNPJ Lodge 778 – for those of you who have been asking me what happened to it
- Empire State Building – how it was built – fascinating photos and interesting facts about the construction of the tallest building in the world in 1930